(910) 628-9766 Ext. 213
ATTENTION! TOWN HALL WILL CLOSE FOR LUNCH EVERYDAY FROM 12:30 P.M. TO 1:30 P.M.
Annual Drinking Water Quality Report
2015 Sewer Annual Report
Residential Water Application (PDF)
Commercial Water Application (PDF)
Back Door Garbage Service Application (PDF)
Zoning Permit Application (PDF)
Source Water Assessment Program Report
Fairmont Recycling Flyer (PDF)
Waste Management Recycling "Do's and Don'ts"
The Fairmont Public Works Department tests out the town's
brand new sewer flusher truck.
Joyce Thompson, Water Collections Clerk
The Water Department is open Monday through Friday
from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with the exception of being closed for lunch from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
* An application has to be completed in its entirety
with proof of identification and social security card.
* Premises must be inspected for housing code violations
prior to water connection. Inspection is generated by
payment of deposit. Deposit fees: homeowners—$75.00;
tenants—$150.00. Businesses require a fire inspection
($50.00) before operation can begin.
* Water meters are read on the 12th of each month.
Bills are mailed before the 25th of each month and are
due by the 10th of the following month.
* A $10.00 late fee is added to the bill after the
10th of each month. If the bill is not paid by the 20th
of each month, water will be disconnected and a reconnect
fee will be charged as follows:
(a) $35.00 if (1) the request for service is made before 3:30 on a workday
for Town employees (in which case service will be
restored that day) or (2) the party requesting service
is willing to wait for service for as long as the
end of the next workday for Town employees; or,
(b) $50.00 fee if the request is for service to
be restored on the day of the request and the request
is made after 3:30 on a workday for Town employees:
(c) $75.00 fee if the request is for service to
be restored on a non- workday for Town employees (a
Town holiday or a Saturday or Sunday).
* Failure to pay a water bill three times within a
six-month period will require an additional deposit—$30.00
for homeowners and $60.00 for renters.
* Bank draft is available to customers.
* Tap Fees: Water—$550.00—Sewer $500.00
plus cost for distance over 35 feet.
*Penalty for meter tampering is $200.00.
WATER RATE SCHEDULE
$21.28 - First 2,000 Gallons Water
$25.43 - First 2,000 Gallons Sewer
$17.23 - Sanitation Charge per Household
$63.94 - Minimum Bill
* Each Additional Thousand Gallons of Water is $2.08
and each Additional Thousand Gallons of Sewer is $2.29.
* Double Water and Sewer Rates for Out of Town Residents
The water department requires seven (7) days notice
on intent to disconnect. A request can be verbal or
SOLID WASTE PICKUP
Hours of Operation: 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Public Works Director: Ronnie Seals, 910-628-0064
* Garbage and limbs and leaves pickups are billed on
your water bill as one item.
* Garbage pickup is once a week on Tuesdays.
* Garbage should be placed in the 90-gallon container
provided by Waste Management and placed outside by the
street. Containers should be placed out early in the
morning or the night before.
* If you have a broken garbage container, please call
Joyce Thompson at 910-628-9766, ext. 213 to order a replacement.
* Any additional items such as furniture, carpet, etc.
will be added to your water bill except during special
* Waste Management will pick up yard debris starting
on Monday and finishing on Tuesday, so it is advised
to have all yard debris out by Monday morning.
*Limbs shall not exceed 4 feet in length and 4 inches
in diameter and must be placed in one pile at the curb
or in front of residence
* Limbs and leaves should not be mixed together. Leaves
must be left loose, not in bags, at the curb or front
of residence for the leaf vacuum machine.
* Private landscape companies and individuals are responsible
for the disposal of yard debris they generate.
* If you have any questions, suggestions or complaints
about your garbage and yard debris service, please call
Waste Management at 910-738-2294.
* City and County taxes on real property should be
listed in January. Listing forms can be obtained from
the Robeson County Tax Department (910) 671-3060. Senior
citizen discounts are based on age and income. If you
feel you are eligible, pleae contact the County Tax
Office at (910) 628-671-3061 prior to June 1. The information you will need to apply is a signed and filled out application, proof of income (SSA 1099, W2 form), Disablity form must be signed by medical doctor, and copy of birth certificate or driver's license.
* The current property tax rate is 73 cents per hundred
* Any building, health hazard, dangerous conditions
or suspected code violation should be reported to the
Codes Officer at (910) 628-9766, ext. 217.
* A Zoning Permit is required for any repairs, alterations,
additions or new construction that will exceed $500
and is obtained through the Codes Officer.
The zoning permit costs $35.
Also, be advised that the State requires a Robeson County Building Inspections permit for certain repairs and construction. You can reach the Robeson County Zoning and Planning Department by calling 910-272-6521.
* Reservations for the Heritage Center, Fire Hall and Community Park
should be made through the recreation department, 628-9883.
*Contact information for other residential services:
AT&T new residential service 1-888-757-6500 repair 1-877-737-2478
Spectrum Cable 910-738-2427
Duke Energy Customer Service 1-800-452-2777 Power Outages 1-800-419-6356
Waste Management 910-738-2294
Back to top
Home I Audio I Calendar of Events I Chamber of Commerce I Community Life I Contact Us I
Downtown Fairmont I Economic Development I Fairmont Story I FAQ I
Farmers Festival I Fire I Forms IHeritage Center I Invest in Fairmont I Jobs I Links I Minutes I Newsletters I Ordinances I Phone List I Pictures I Police I Recreation I Schools I Sitemap I Tour Fairmont I Town Government I Utilities I Video